The Motherhouse grounds
Christ the King Church
After the first convent church built in 1881, today's St. George's Chapel, soon proved to be too small, Christ the King Church was built in 1928/1929 and consecrated on July 25, 1929 by the then Nuncio Pacelli, later Pope Pius XII.
Beginning on July 25, 1953, perpetual adoration of the exposed Blessed Sacrament has been held in our adoration chapel (also known as St. Francis Chapel). This privilege was granted to us by Pope Pius XII.
Our German Sisters are laid to rest in the cemetery on our convent grounds. The grave of the foundress of our Congregation, Mother M. Anselma Bopp, is located directly by the large cross. There is another large cemetery for Sisters in Fürstenau-Schwagstorf.